Sunday, November 14, 2010

A lovely Handm@de day

Yesterday, I finally did something I have been meaning to do - go to a Handm@de craft fair.  I am so lucky to be near the one in Winchester and it was great to see such a range of designer/makers.


I had been a long time admirer of Turned Light's beautiful lampwork beads and pendants and was delighted to get to chat to Kathryn and purchase some of her wares. I conceded that I was never going to get around to making something for someone(who should have had been given something for her birthday years ago) so paid a visit to Raspberry.

I was really impressed with some of the lovely silver jewellery for sale, from both Daiychain Jewellery and Quercus Silver. One of the most original vendors who I will need to visit in the New Year (once I have bought the right dress) is Soobird - who makes the most amazing and inventive fascinators.  Other people exhibiting who caught my eye were Smashing Chintz, Esther Coombs, Glowbox, Grey Duckling & Lucy Gilchrist.

2 comments:

Cda00uk said...

How did I miss that one? Looks good!

Soobird said...

Ah thank you for your comment! It certainly was a lovely Handm@de day, I think possibly the busiest most exhausting one too though! ha ha

Pop by my website soon www.soobird.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...