Thursday, March 24, 2011

Back to basics

Burnt doodling
I have finally made a return to hand stitching - I find myself needing the occupation for my hands. This is meant to be stress free - so I have gone back over old textile samples with a view to adding a little more stitch. I found this soldered sample from a few years back, a little leftover metallic thread and got to doodling: fly stitch, french knots, bullion knot, seeding, running, open chain, ladder stitch whatever took my fancy. I was originally thinking of chopping the finished piece up further and make note cards from it, it may become a book cover. But, no stress, the process is more important than the result in this case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely. I would call it: Every cloud has a silver lining.

Cda00uk said...

Lovely - and not just because it is purple! Looks like doodles in stitch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...