Wednesday, January 02, 2008

V is for Velvet

V is for Velvet


Oh how I love velvet. I wear velvet frequently in the form of one of my many velvet scarves. I first started playing with velvet when I fancied trying something different to silk painting and a few velvet kits at one of my favourite online retailers caught my eye. Since then I have played a bit with devoré and embossing. Since starting my City and Guilds I have produced a sample book and included it a number of projects including the accursed part 1 hanging.

My favourite kind of velvet is silk viscose as I can double dye it, create devoré with acid paste and it keeps me warm as well as wrapping me with a little bit of luxury.

V could also be for voluptuous, vicious, vibrant

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...