Monday, September 08, 2008

Wet SDW Adventures curtailed

Unfortunately Friday was to be the only day of cycling. Whilst M continued on for a second day of mud, rain and stupidly steep slopes, 3 of us had to bring our cycling odyssey to an end. G and Mr.T were ill during the night and I wasn't feeling too bright either. Luckily there was a good bus service to the nearest town where we were able to get a train to Southampton and then on to Eastleigh and then home. It wasn't all bad news, though I had a nice chat to a lady on the train who was returning home to the New Forest after taking her Grandson back to Brighton. I then got a head start on the washing, repacked clothing and other bits and went back to Cocking to pick up my bicycle and rejoin my freshly showered hubby just outside Brighton at the nights B&B. I then planned my next day : Lewes, Charleston Farm, Eastbourne Art Gallery, pick up M. The next morning M was feeling rough so those plans were canned. I drove him home and we spent the day pootling, drinking hot drinks, eating toast and watching films on the TV. Another bright spot was that I managed to catch up on my crafty reading. It was pure luxury to be finally able to read the latest edition of Cloth Paper Scissors. This has left me itching to try things out in a sketch book - this has been at least 2 months coming............

Today has been spent doing further pootling, reading my new book on Sergers/overlockers (a purchase is being plotted) and touring the 12 charity shops (at least) that Eastleigh is "blessed" with for pure wool sweaters to felt.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...