Saturday, October 18, 2008

Even more overlocker samples

I spent a day at a workshop learning all about the different feet available for my overlocker. As some of those babies cost about 20 quid a pop it was worth playing around with somebodyelse's before coming up with my wish list. I had a good day picking up tips, learning news tricks with overlocker and getting to play with some feet. Unfortunately I wasn't able to really play with ones suitable for the coverstitch capability that my overlocker had. Also, I had to get a new cutting blade (I think my overlocker's previous owner had had a run in with a pin or two) so my budget for a new foot was spent. Still, my birthday is coming up and Christmas is only round the corner!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Impressively neat sample labelling - is that a hangover from the City & Guilds?

Kitty said...

Kinda - Jan the workshop leader encouraged us to record our settings for getting the particular effect. It was especially important for those whose overlockers don't have automatic tensioning. After reading books which devote chapters to fiddling with tension I am very glad that the machine I got has auto tensioning (as well as jet air threading)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...