Friday, February 23, 2007

Work In Progress



I am currently attempting to work on my first finished piece for my course. This has been hampered by my chronic procrastination and, this week, flu. This is part of my design work for the item I am going to produce. The chief requirement for this piece is to execute the design in metallic thread. This includes traditional goldwork methods or less traditional machine embroidery using metallic thread.

It is not obligatory to use my design project in my finished items but it is encouraged. I have chosen my design project to conincide with the finished pieces I intend to complete during the course. The first piece of design for this project, is shown above. The pen and dye drawing is inspired from this piece in the V&A.

4 comments:

Fat Bird Does Exercise said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!
Can definitely see Hokusai type influences.

Kitty said...

Can't see it m'self (had to look up the fella on wikipedia). This was just derived from a design exercise I have done before, and the fact I was too lazy to get off the sofa to get any art materials and just used the drawing pen and dye colour palette I was using.

Fat Bird Does Exercise said...

I think it's the stylised clouds & way that you've almost used a stylised map in the middle - which kind of reminded me of his tsunami/mt fuji stylised images

Kitty said...

it isn't a map - if I could reproduce the source (I've linked to it but I won't reproduce somebody else's photos without their permission) you could see that all I have done in is abstract out a textile pattern. I think its originally a dragon but I wasn't intending it to be one thing or the other....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...