Saturday, February 03, 2007

Happy Birthday

Iris sumi-e

Before Christmas I had a small sumi-e session with G. I was pleased with one or two of my efforts and saved this one for a card. For guidance I used this excellent book the author led the workshop I attended last September. This card should, by now, be gracing the mantelpiece in my Mother's house for her birthday, I hope she likes it (as well as the gift that my sister's and I clubbed together for - thanks H). This time I believe I have the kanji symbols for my name the correct way up. The artist's finishing mark is usually made by a small printing block personal to the artist, as I haven't carved one for myself (yet) I used my little finger. In a way I have carved it myself ......

Anyway Happy Birthday Mum - now go do something fun - and forget about (for a least one day) geriatric care in Mid-Kent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... Wicked Uncle agrees with the last comment.....uov

Anonymous said...

The real thing is lovely- visually and in the tactile dimension. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...