Thursday, August 30, 2007

N is for Needles

N is for needles


I have a lot of needles, and I am a firm believer in using the right one for the job. Yesterday I got another needle - a special one for Japanese Embroidery.


I was at the Knitting and Stitching show and signed up for a 1 hour Japanese embroidery taster session with Midori Matsushima she was also assisted by a lady from the Japanese Embroidery Guild.

My first bit of Japanese embroidery. In the session I learnt about twisting the silk 4 into 1 and some of the basics: starting, finishing & basic stitching. The techniques are traditional and there are set ways of doing things.

N could also be for necklace, nostalgia, no, nuts

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect taster session for you!
Her work looks incredibly high quality.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...