Monday, January 24, 2011

Origami Jewellery

I should have been making curtains but instead decided to investigate one of my Christmas presents more thoroughly. Origami Jewellery by Ayako Brodek.Most of this has been completed whilst chilling out at the end of the day in front of the TV.  I started with this brooch:

I then decided to go from something relatively easy rated piece to something more difficult, this pine cone bead necklace:
This proved to be more repetitive than difficult. This balloon bead necklace proved to be more fiddly:
Finally, this brooch was quicker to make, though required a little bit more judgement:
I had most of the supplies in my large stash of stuff, but found a supplier of lovely washi paper in the UK at Roze flowers. The book mentioned using a one part epoxy resin glue, after some researching on the internet I found one brand to use is E6000 glue. This also appears to be the jewellery makers glue of choice so got this and the bead caps for the balloon necklace on Ebay, but found that the seller had their own online store at madcowbeads.com.

p.s. the glue is kinda smelly and is probably not a good idea to be used round kiddiwinks

3 comments:

Cda00uk said...

Beautiful!

Patty said...

Great pictures! I got this book as a birthday present and have tried to find out about a one part epoxy glue - you've just answered my question. Thank you!
I think your pieces are absolutely wonderful.

Kitty said...

Thank you very much for your comments. So glad that this helped you out. Have fun with your birthday present and I hope you get as much enjoyment as I did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...