Saturday, February 04, 2006

And so it begins


With a very boring job. The dyeing and devoré-ing has been done, even chopped some of it up to compose some of my pieces, but today I have commited needle and thread with a bit of cord making. I need quite a few metres of gold zig-zagged cord, I guess about 12 metres at least, to provide my border. The inner core of the cord is cotton string and 26 gauge wire. The cord is wrapped in light gold metallic machine embroidery thread. The wrapping is done by dropping the feed dogs on my machine, setting the zig-zag width to the highest setting, stitch length zero and sewing away. The string and wire need to be held together under tension, positioning under the darning foot is helped by taping sections of drinking straw either side of the foot.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...