Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Sample: Software

A few burning experiments. Nylon Organza leaves bonded onto acrylic felt. Acrylic felt bonded on to acyrlic felt. All the shapes were "cut" from the cloth by a soldering iron. Some of the felt was stitched beforehand with preprogrammed patterns on my Brother sewing machine. I used a Madeira Rayon thread so had to snip the thread on the leaf cutting line as this thread does not melt. The bonding was completed by fuseing with a soldering iron.

As I have decided to use natural silk and silk/viscose fabrics I will have to find another method to cut the leaves out crisply. Posted by Picasa


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...