Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year


As my "Christmas" cards are usually sent with a non-Christian message wishing people a peaceful and happy yule and new year, I thought it appropriate to share my seasonal greetings today. Taking inspiration from these ideas in blogland (& here), and an idea my college friend (& partner in crime) C mentioned once seeing in Stitch magazine. I made a batch of these cards in my favourite colours (pink and green) from scraps extracted from my fabric "compost". I bonded these to a background and then experimented with my metallic machine thread stash and programmed stitches on my plastic fantastic sewing machine.
Scraps and stitches

This an early protoype but prefered the vertical positioning of the fabric sample. I machine stitched the pieces onto the card with more metallic thread. I ensured that the needle I used for this task was discarded when I was finished (well I think I did - I have a fab collection of defunct machine needles).

XmasCard

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...