Monday, January 16, 2006

Manor House

Chose this motif to represent the stage of the client location from castle to manor house. The dragon motif is heraldic and I thought it symbolic. I feel that this section (and tomorrow's) needs to be developed further - will probably do this in stitch as a combination of the techniques I have been trying at the weekend and as part of my sampling. This section is a background of walnut ink and old silk paint sprayed and wiped. Over the top I used a stencil to provide a mask as I smeared over a mixture of raw umber and gold acrylic paint which was mixed with medium weight gloss texture gel. I decided to spread it on nice and thickly with an old credit card to provide some texture and to hint at the carving from which the motif was inspired by. Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...