Sunday, April 01, 2007

Melting moments

One of the last metal thread samples that I got done on Friday. Three layers of synthetic fabric with free machine embroidery in metallic thread. I made sure that my metallic thread was truly metallic, some are just polyester and nylon. I used a tulip motif which I repeated and when I had covered a large enough area I directed a heat tool (stampers use them for embossing powder). The polyester sheer fabrics melted and distressed and I was pleased with the way the two pinks and green fabrics melted at different rates. Couldn't decide which side is really the "right" side. The top one (bad photo) is what I am going with.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...