Thursday, April 05, 2007

Last of the metal thread work


This is the first mini project I completed before the velvet one I showed the other day. These are more my kind of colours, I am using this as a jumping point for my first metal thread piece, so I based this on this design. The silk backing fabric is silk dupion dyed with Quick Color dyes. I started this just after Christmas, I spent an indecent amount of time finishing it off - constructing it, trimming it and attaching a suitably "bling" handle. The bag strap is made from a kumihimo cord which I created from some metallic elastic cord in lime green, turquoise and gold, I also added in some dark blue dyed raw silk cord. The foils I used for some of the work were obtained from some Christmas chocolates, on enquiry I found out they were from M&S. M&S Chocolates are great - not only are they of a high (and rather delicious) quality they also refrain from putting their brand all over the foil. The result: beautiful foils to use in projects and a fatter than necessary stitcher. I need to think of a project involving red foils - according to my friend C - M&S do lovely cherry covered chocolates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that this has rather more blue upon it I like the finished result very much. It looks luxurious and very lush. Have you sent this bit of your blog to Mand S in the hope that htey might send a few free samples?

arlee said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO what agorgeous piece! One of my fave colour combos--blue set with saffron or orange is so yummy! Wonderful details there--smashing job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...