Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A place of my own

Tonight I will get to use my new studio! We spent the May Bank Holiday painting it all white and then part of last Sunday and the couple of nights this week to move the furniture and paraphernalia in. Although, everything will fit in I have come to the conclusion that I have too much art, craft and sewing stuff. Gasp! I need to adopt a policy of reduce, recyle and reuse. Even more difficult as a weekend in Wales is looming and a little visit to Colinette is planned.

I have to resist the temptation to organise everything perfectly – it won’t be and sure as anything will not stay that way. I need to get my stuff together so that I can surge ahead with my panel and I also have a project spectrum postcard to prepare. Besides, M has offered to put up more shelving in the recesses between the chimney breasts. So he is booked later in the year to do that – but I will let him have a DIY break – after the garden and allotment have had enough attention and the birthday beer fest has been done. Still, if he volunteers to do shelf erecting before then I won’t turn him away....

5 comments:

Fat Bird Does Exercise said...

Do I have to stop calling it your sweatshop now?

Kitty said...

yes - generally got fed up with people taking piss out of how much embroidery etc. I do. Nobody joked when people were studying for OU degrees, accountancy exams or other qualifications....

Kitty said...

Of course I sometimes wonder if it might be a little excessive...

Anonymous said...

By gollies you are a clever young woman.

Kitty said...

Not that clever - the people who are taking the piss have done OU degrees (M), accountancy exams (G) and other qualifications (P). When I was studying for my Computer Science BA Hons (Cantab) people REALLY took the piss then

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...