Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Fake cake



I made these a little while ago to start exploring the subject of my panel. I had been wanting try out some of my own ideas after seeing some great pin cushion cake tutorials on the web.

I was particularly eager to try out a particular cake by a particular baker.



Then I went for something a little more homemade in the form of lemon cake. Although the syrupy nature was left out. Sugar syrup and felt makes me go all eeeew!


Then to get away from the boxy nature of the cakes I tried out a butter swirl:


I confess - I made these and photographed them a while back when our mornings were a little darker. I had been meaning to re-photograph them but just haven't had the time. I may reconsider when the work we started last weekend is finished. Watch this space.....

1 comments:

Fat Bird Does Exercise said...

Makes you realise how much french fancies are instantly recognisable - iconic! Other candidates: Jammy Dodgers, Bourbons, Tunnocks' tea cakes - not very stitchable though. I love the design of battenburg cake - it was always my dad's birthday treat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...