Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tea & Cake

I have decided to start design for my panel in the form of an altered board book. I picked up a Child's board book from one of Eastleigh's many charity shops for 50p and set about ruining altering it. First I sanded it roughly to removed some of the obvious print, wiping of the residue with a baby wipe. Then, I got out my old can of smelly gesso and coated the covers and pages with it. I think the smell was due to the fact that its old. Whatever it is, it isn't a nice smell and the rest got lobbed. By the time the gesso was dry the original text and pictures was pretty much hidden but was definitely obliterated when I painted the pages with a mixture of general acrylic and textile paint. I blended in the colours with my sponge paint roller. This left me a board book ready to collage and paste things in.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's Gesso?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...